Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Let's Talk Food - Namely Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks!

~
First of all, I must say I DO NOT get paid to endorse any products mentioned on this blog.  I find things I like and simply share them with YOU- so that you can join in on the fun!
~
Secondly, I have to say I love, love, love Gooseberry Patch products.  Even if you are a beginning cook, you simply can not go wrong with the recipes in these cookbooks.  You will probably not be able to limit yourself to owning just one- they're addicting!!

They've also been featured in the latest issue of Mary Jane's Farm magazine.
They've been in business a long time, and have gotten better and better.  I can't resist their graphics- I love anything with a tiny gingham print!
The recipes I've made have ALL come out good!  Like I said, you won't go wrong.  Just make sure you use all the ingredients called for in the recipes.  I have found with using ANYONE'S cookbooks, that it is essential to use what is called for to get the results you want.  Substitutions don't work, unless there is a substitution mentioned in the recipe.
The best-est Carrot Cake EVER-- and I've been around a while, guys and dolls!! I made these this past summer and OH MAN!!  It was the best I've ever had-- and easy to make.    I did use Paula Deen's recipe for the cream cheese frosting:   (Click on Paula Deen to go to the website for her recipe.)  I made a full recipe because I made two cakes, which is a lot of frosting-- and I had some leftover to frost an 8 x 8 pan of brownies too.)
I give these cookbooks a 10-10-10 rating:
East to follow, don't use unusual, hard to find ingredients, pictures are great, there's little interesting notes and stories, and the food is GOOD!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin