Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies ~ The Best!

Mmmmmmm.......scroll past photos for recipe!
Press a criss-cross mark in unbaked dough,
using a fork.
Done!
 ~
Sometimes, you just need a good peanut butter cookie.
This recipe is a common one, it's been around a long time.
It's my favorite one because it actually TASTES like
peanut butter.  Plus they're so easy to make, and you probably
have all the ingredients in your cupboard already.
~
1 cup granulated, white sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~
Mix all ingredients together well.  You won't need a mixer for this. 
 They will easily mix by hand with a sturdy, large spoon.
Form into 1 inch balls of dough.  This will make 24 cookies.
(My balls of dough were a little bigger than 1 inch, so
I only got 18 cookies.)
~
Place them onto ungreased baking sheet.  I have found that
ALUMINUM pans are best for baking cookies.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and bake
for 10 minutes. 
****NOTE:  you will have to adjust your baking times to YOUR oven.  Every oven seems to be different.  I found that 10 minutes wasn't long enough in my oven.  I bake mine for 19 minutes.  That gives me a nice, light brown bottom on the cookie, and a firmer cookie. I suggest setting your timer for 10 minutes, then keep adding more time as needed until baked to your desired "doneness".****
~~~
Let cool before removing from pan, to make sure they don't fall apart.
Don't forget the milk!!  They also go well with Kool-Aid or other kids drinks.
I'm a dunker, from way back, so I'll dunk them in milk, Kool-Aid, Iced tea,
coffee-- anything!
~
I've made this recipe many times, so it's tried and true!
XXOO, BB

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin