Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Easy Baby Quilt to Make


Occasionally, I get asked to make a baby quilt on short notice, like lately. I didn’t feel too much like ordering any new fabric, so I looked around at what I already had in my stash. I found a free pattern and a Charm Square pack I had set aside- so here we go!

This is an Easy baby quilt that you can make from one Charm Square pack of 5 inch squares (36 squares). It’s based on a design by Kate Spain- which you can get here: http://www.unitednotions.com/fp_verna.pdf 

 
I only made a couple changes–I used a two and a half inch (unfinished) square for the very middle of the quilt, and instead of the 2 ½ inch inner border, I made it 1 ½ inches for a finished 1 inch inner border- the purple and green polka dot.

The Charm Pack I used is The Three Bears Collection by Darlene Zimmerman from Robert Kaufman Fabrics. Don’t know if you could find these anymore, as it was from a few years ago. But there are SO MANY great fabrics out these days, I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finding a Charm Pack to use instead of this one.

You can make the top in an afternoon. I used all fabrics I had already, so it was quite easy, but did have to purchase backing and binding. Quilting is a large "X" in the alternate squares, and a lopsided five point star in the other blocks, with meandering in the border.
This quilt finished size was 39 inches square.


Voila! One Baby Quilt, ready to go!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin