Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why I Like Christy Jordan - Southern Plate - Cookbook Review

Christy Jordan
~
I like her because:  She's from Alabama; she has great family values; She has shared her family recipes! 
I am sure you will love this cookbook if you like Southern cooking and ease of preparation.
Christy believes that however your mother made it is the right way, so there's no arguement from her that only her recipes are the best.  (She's humble.)

Squash Casserole-- I eat this for breakfast!!

Her recipes are down to earth- she doesn't want you to go out and buy exotic ingredients.  Many times she will tell you to buy the cheapest brand.  (She's practical.)
She doesn't leave anything out of her recipes, but there is room for you to add your own touches.
EVERYTHING, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING, I've made from her cookbook tastes great.
Back cover of book.

This book has been out for a year now.  You can buy one at her website, but you can also find used ones in like new condition at several places.  I usually go to Bookfinder, or Amazon, but you can also go to Half.com.
Christy also has a website that has much more!!  Recipes and giveaways!!  And more stories about herself, family or what's going on in the world.
I thank her most for this recipe for Greens-- I've made this recipe several times and I think I've died and gone to heaven!  You can make it with Collards, Mustard or Turnip greens.   It's akin to Barbeque to me!!

I rate this cookbook a 10 - 10 - 10.   That equals 30!
Ease of use, lots of pictures, easy to find ingredients, interesting to read.  I think this would be a GREAT cookbook for a beginner cook.

XXOO, BB

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin