Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Very Few Things Surprise Me Anymore..... But......

I must say, I'm to the age where not too many things surprise me anymore, however, I just have to comment on this Mini Whoopie Pie. 
~
First, let me say this:  I love Starbucks.  I have nothing against it.
But, when I ordered this Red Velvet Whoopie Pie off the drive-thru menu, I was kind of excited.  I guess I skipped the part that said, "Mini".
~
They nearly forgot to give it to me, and practically tossed me the sack it was in.  Hubby looked in the bag, and he asked, "Is that what they're calling a Whoopie Pie?  Is that the size they're supposed to give?"
~
I then glanced in the sack my self, and saw this Little Gem for myself.  They don't place any waxed paper around it before they toss it in the sack, like you would a doughnut, it's just laying there in the sack, so the "frosting" gets smashed on the inside of the sack.
~
I laughed!  Yes, this is what Starbucks calls their "Mini Red Velvet Whoopie Pie".
I must say I was surprised, for what I got for my money.
If you've never had a REAL whoopie pie, I guess you would think this little sample would suffice.  But not for Big Girls, like me!
Starbucks' pastry chefs have obviously never been to the Paula Deen School of Cooking!!
Just Four Little Bites
and it was gone.
Taste:  a little dry, but it did have that cocoa taste needed for Red Velvet.  The little smattering of cream cheese middle was fair.  I mere drop in the bucket of my stomach.  But this is still not what I want if I buy a Whoopie Pie in the south.
~
For  a REALLY GOOD Red Velvet Cake recipe, see Paula Deen's Recipe, and / or Bobby Flay's recipe!  (Click on their names to get to their recipes.)  You can make your own Whoopie Pies-- that'll keep you satisfied!
BTW-- real pies are approximately 2 1/2- 3 inches in diameter!
~
Bless Your Heart, Starbucks!  You tried!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin