Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook - (Review) - Sweeties, You're Going to Like this one!

Hey all you sweets-lovers out there!
You're going to like this book!
I purchased the e-book last week, and will probably have to get a hard copy- because I like to make written notes when I make the recipes.
I just made the Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Frosting and 
OH MAN!!!
They are freaking AWESOME, for lack of a better word.  This is a new way for me to use up bananas!
I made one substitution- 1/4 cup sour cream in the frosting instead of 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
It gave it a nice little tang!
I love southern cooks and southern recipes.
Simply because I love to bake.
And I love to eat something sweet.
I can't wait to try some of the other recipes.
The ingredients called for in the recipes are mostly common ones.  Some of them are ones that must be specific to their bakery, but they give you resources in the back of the book, if you want to mail-order anything you can't find.
The crumb on this little tasty cake is delicate and moist and just downright perfect!
It's made with cake flour.  The chocolate chips do go to the bottom, but I don't care!
The taste is absolutely perfect.  I really love it with my sour cream in the chocolate frosting.
I think this would be a perfect birthday cupcake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin