Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Needing Winter


Some people hate winter, and also constantly complain about the weather.
I grew up with hard winters, and thought nothing of it.  It was normal to get
snowed in at least once every winter, where we couldn't get out to the road.
If you did get to the road, you still couldn't go anywhere, because the country roads
weren't plowed yet, and they wouldn't be for about 2-3 days.


Some people get depressed in winter, or sad. After all, it all looks
so dreary.  
There's a beauty and a satisfaction in the dreariness though.
I have come to crave winter.
I take walks in it, no matter the temperature.
I take deep breaths of it.
There is no other season like it.


I have come to love winter, and to need it.
It feeds a part of my soul that nothing else can fill.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin