Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Knitted Mitts- Getting Ready for Winter (!)

 I made mitts!!
My first pair of mitts!
For my project, I used Freia, fine handpaints, refined yarn: 70% Merino, 30% silk, in Lichen (color).  It's an ombre yarn, in worsted weight (4 Medium).  I also used size 5 needles.  I increased the cuff stitch number from 10 to 18 sts., and the total length from 9.5 inches long to 10.5 inches long.
This is the right mitt. . . . 
Left mitt. . . . . 
. . . .and the left mitt, uncuffed.
I made the finger section longer than required so I could cover more of my fingers while outside.  I didn't do a perfect job, but it will do.  I find, in knitting, there are LOTS of ways to put things together.
So FUN!!  Knitting is a skill worth learning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin