Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Monday, April 23, 2018

I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy, Down in My Heart!....and then there's Brioche Knitting......

 O- yes I do!  I got good news from a friend of mine, who's breast cancer tumor is shrinking!
Can you believe that?  You CAN have breast cancer and survive.  My friends letter was so joyous, I cried!  With happiness, at how God heals.  He really helps me with my problems too.  I just "deliver a letter"  to Jesus, and let Him have my worries and wants and concerns, and leave it in the mail box!  I try not to take it out- ever- but If I find myself worrying about the same things I've just asked Him help for, I remind myself of the letter box.  Once something is in that mailbox, you can not take it out-- it's gone!   So I am now joyfully awaiting to see how He will answer my "letters"!

This is the progress of my Baubles shawl by Drea Renee Knits.  I think I have ripped out my repeated attempts at Brioche knitting probably about 50 times, and have discarded yarn twice for that spot, because it felted from being reused so many times  (aggggh).  For some reason, my brain is having a real hard time getting this pattern.  I am not giving up, however.  I keep thinking of ways to conquer it.

 Everglades fabric:  It's still on the table, but I sure do enjoy looking at it!!  So many bright and wonderful colors.  I want to breathe them in, or eat them in ice cream.
 AND YES,  I did buy the "Time of Flowers" cross stitch kit from Posie Gets Cozy.  
I LOVE IT!!  THE COLORS ARE BEAUTIFUL.  
and I love the color of the background fabric.
It is so appropriate for right now, because the trees and early spring flowers are blooming right now, and it's getting warmer, but not tooo warm.  
I like it cool!

The stitches are two threads over two threads, so I'm just going to bear with it.  I can actually see what I'm doing without a magnifying glass.
 And to leave with you with a happy thought:  Here is the former Catwalk.  These are kittens out of the first litter of kittens born here after we moved here.  They were tame, so I could play with them.  The one that is second from the back was one of my favorites.  His name was "Squirt".  He was the runt of that litter, but he was scrappy!  He would not hesitate to get in a tangle with his siblings.  I helped him out when he was smaller-- fed him because he was pushed away by the others, but he fought back.  Unfortunately he, along with my George, must have been poisoned, or got into something that poisoned them, and they both died.  My heart broke over those two.  I have had a hard time attaching myself to any other cat(s).  They are also buried in my pet cemetary.  Not all animals get that honor.  Love you Squirt-- You are not forgotten!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin