Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Monday, April 23, 2018

The Lowdown, or What's New on the Farm & Random Thoughts (retro Post)

You get two posts today, lucky people!  the one below was written about a month ago, but you need this one to fill you in on the one written today (Apr 23).
Enjoy!
It's snowing!  Yeah.  We've had these little snows all winter, just a pleasant frosting over everything, to make it look pretty!
Ever since I finished this sweater, its been an up and down rollercoaster of life.
I found out that not having anything to knit at night makes me feel low.  I try not to write here when I feel low, as the world is low too much.  So I've been quiet.
I've knitted two other things-- two hats, but I need a larger project, something that will carry me through a year or more (??why??)
My thumbs, hands, and tendons are sore as it is.  There's no cure for that, unless you do absolutely NOTHING with your hands until the pain subsides.  However,  it is proven I will go crazy with not doing anything.  So-- endure the pain, or die (?)!
SHETLAND
Which leads me to THIS crazy idea:  a sweater from Marie Wallin's Shetland pattern book.  
Note to self:  I do not know how to do stranded knitting, and all these patterns and reviews on these patterns say "Not for beginners."
Somehow, though, I believe I can do it.
The book itself would be worth it to have, for the beautiful setting-- the Shetland Islands off the coast of Scotland.  Did you know that nearly one half of the islands descendancy/paternity/maternity through the ages is Scandanavian?  Yeah, so there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do this, right?  It's in my blood, he he.
I crave colors right now, and so I cruise the fabric websites for new stuff.  Found some new stuff last week at "ilovefabric" website:
EVERGLADES by Betsy Siber--spells  F-U-N to me!












I immediately thought of this pattern for it:
Remember this?  this is the first Social Climber quilt I sewed, which shows the machine quilting and before the binding was put on.  It was a challenge, as the fabrics are similar in value and not a whole lot of contrast, but it works.  So the Everglades fabric is sorta like that too-- not too many darks, a whole lotta lights and some mediums.
However, like the commercial for the credit card says:
  "I saw that and said I just gotta have it!"
So of course, I have to reason with myself, why do I have to have it?
Why do I have to be knitting at night in order to be happy?
Why is it that I think I should give up counted cross stitch, when I just bought a new kit?
"Time of Flowers" counted cross stitch by Alicia Paulson
Alicia is  "Posy Gets Cozy" hall of fame blogger.
Unfortuneatly, the count on the threads on this fabric and the one I am currently trying to work on, is 32 count.  WHICH. IS. VERY. TINY.
Must use magnifying glass.  One thread over two for current project,
two over two threads for Time of Flowers project (better, but still TINY).
End of this post, now read the one from today:  April 23, 2018.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin