Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

Why we call it the 'Playroom': the place whence objects pleasing to the eye are brought from the drawing board to reality, after much discussion with the ancestors.....

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Ironing Board Cover and Spring

I Finally stopped sewing long enough to re-cover my ironing board! 
Sewing things I actually NEED sometimes gets on
my nerves, because they take time.
I had to take time to do this project though, as my old
cover was torn.
It was easier than I thought it would be!
I followed Joanna Figueroa's instructions in her
Fresh Vintage (TM), FTQ#FV550, Issue #19
which you can get HERE.
Oh, and by the way- it's SPRING here!  The trees are
a'bloomin' and the robins are out in force!
But it's a blustery, humid day and we are
probably in for some storms today....
I love how the cover turned out!  It only took me about 30 minutes total!!
Which only took a little time out of my day!!
The fabric is by Joel Dewberry for Westminister Fabrics, Buttercup. 
LOVE IT!!
Did I mention it's Spring here?!!  These hyacinths
are from a single bulb I planted here
two years ago.  They're multiplying!
Happy Spring!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin