Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Ironing Board Cover and Spring

I Finally stopped sewing long enough to re-cover my ironing board! 
Sewing things I actually NEED sometimes gets on
my nerves, because they take time.
I had to take time to do this project though, as my old
cover was torn.
It was easier than I thought it would be!
I followed Joanna Figueroa's instructions in her
Fresh Vintage (TM), FTQ#FV550, Issue #19
which you can get HERE.
Oh, and by the way- it's SPRING here!  The trees are
a'bloomin' and the robins are out in force!
But it's a blustery, humid day and we are
probably in for some storms today....
I love how the cover turned out!  It only took me about 30 minutes total!!
Which only took a little time out of my day!!
The fabric is by Joel Dewberry for Westminister Fabrics, Buttercup. 
LOVE IT!!
Did I mention it's Spring here?!!  These hyacinths
are from a single bulb I planted here
two years ago.  They're multiplying!
Happy Spring!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin